Friday, March 1, 2013

33 Weeks


You can definitely tell a difference in belly sizes in this picture! 
How Far Along: 33 Weeks

Baby's Size:  Durian Fruit Average size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 lbs (Another source says baby weighs more than 4 1/2 lbs and is approximately 17-19 inches head to toe.)
Bones are hardening.

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale: 2.5 lbs this week bringing me to 21.9 lbs total
Wowza!  I have had several big weight gain weeks in a row.  I guess it shows that I have been absolutely starving this week.  Maybe she has been growing significantly too... Yikes!        
Doctor’s scale:  24 lbs at our 33 week appointment yesterday
The scales are coming together!  Only different by 2 lbs now.
Weight gained with Grant at this point: 29.4 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Yes and I am sure glad that I don't work in a job that I need to wear nice clothes to work everyday.  It is nice wearing my same maternity jeans and getting away with wearing my work polo still.  My wardrobe is sparse when it comes to maternity and I find myself struggling to find stuff to wear out and about in the afternoons and on weekends.  I can't imagine the money I would have to invest if I had to dress up for work.  

Baby's Movement:  You betcha! And if I had to guess it seems she is spending most of her time head down still.  Dr. Dennis seemed to think so yesterday as well.    

Food Cravings:  Soda (I still limit myself to 2-3 per week), fish (Blanck's here we come tonight!... Yes, again!), candy/sweets (doesn't help with the weight!), salads, basically starving this week. 

Food Aversions:  I don't think I could turn food down even if I wanted to right now.

Sleep:  Still sleeping very well and not waking for potty trips but waking around 3:00-4:00 for no reason.   

Symptoms:  Clumsiness... when I try not to be so clutzy I think it just makes it worse.  Nesting at work.  There is so much to get done before I leave to make sure my boss isn't left high and dry.  My hair has finally slowed with how much I am losing.  Hot flashes/night sweats and boy have I been very gassy :) 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Baby clothes are washed, car seat has been pulled out, bottles back in cuboards, breast pump out... I probably forgot some things but basically we sorted through the basement and brought all that stuff back to life and found a home for it again. 

What I Miss:  I am beginning to feel very pregnant and big.  I am not necessarily miserable but there are times when I look down and it's like "ok where did that big belly come from?"  Like it has happened all at once.  It's getting harder to bend and move and slightly more uncomfortable.   

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Seeing/hearing this baby girl more often!  I feel like it had been forever since our checkup becuase 5 weeks have passed. I am looking forward to the more frequent visits to the doc to hear that little thump thump and maybe even catching a glimpse of her via a late ulstrasound or two. 

What's Different This Time:  Maybe it is the feeling of impending chaos looming with having two children but I feel the need to have more storage and have it all be organized complete with labels.  I know... what a dork!     

Appointment update:  Our appointment went great yesterday.  Dr. Dennis and I talked more about our birth plan.  It makes me feel so good to get her reassurance at each appointment.  My belly is measuring right on track and baby girl's heartbeat was 146.  Dr. Dennis suspects by palpating my belly that baby is head down.  She said next week we will check for sure even if we have to do a quick ultrasound.  It was at my 34 week appointment with Grant that we found out we was breech. 

Next Appointment:
March 7th - 34 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment