Friday, February 22, 2013

32 Weeks

 

Well, I arrived at the hospital yesterday very much looking forward to my 32 week appointment only to find out it had been cancelled.  Apparently they "sent a letter in December" telling me that was the case but as I was standing there, there were 2 other women who did not receive such a letter either.  They rescheduled me for next week which means I will have an appointment at 33 weeks, 34 weeks, 36 weeks and then weekly from there.  A little ridiculous...

How Far Along:   32 Weeks, 1 Day

Baby's Size:  Squash Average size: 15.2-16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lbs (Another source says baby weighs more than 3 lbs and is approximately 18 inches head to toe.)
Sleeping and waking cycles are establishing.

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale: 1.4 lbs this week (yes, 1.4 yet again!) bringing me to 19.4 lbs total
Doctor’s scale:  18 lbs at our 28 week appointment on January 24th
Weight gained with Grant at this point: 28.8 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  You betcha! 

Baby's Movement:  I have been having a lot of really low tiny, tickle like movements.  It makes me wonder what body part is down there. 

Food Cravings:  Fish, fish, and more fish!  I try to limit myself to once per week but I still want it all of the time.  I have even upped my omega 3 fish oil prenatal thinking that maybe I am lacking something in my diet that is making me crave fish so much.  Fruit... pretty much of any kind.  Spinach and artichoke dip from Ala Roma... we took care of that one over the weekend. 

Food Aversions:  One of my favorite recipes, four cheese chicken fettuccine alfredo just did not taste good this week when I made it.  It also made me extremely gassy :) 

Sleep:  My undisturbed nights of sleep haven't been the case lately.  I have been waking on most nights to turn over or around 3:00-4:00 for no reason... not even potty breaks.  I don't like it.  I enjoyed my week or so of sleeping like a rock. 

Symptoms:  Nesting.  I am beginning to feel a little more tired again but still have so much I want to get done!  Reflux, rib discomfort, and oh my goodness where did these boobs come from? 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Shopping for props for newborn pictures and basically finishing her room!  If you missed the post, click here for a glimpse. 

What I Miss:  Relaxing weekends.  It seems like right now there is so much I want to get done and not enough time to do it.  I try to run my errands and get as much done when Grant sleeps because I want to spend as much time with him as I can when he is awake.  Previously, when Grant would nap, I would sneak in a nap as well and just veg out.   

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Starting to think about what I may or may not want to pack in a hospital bag!  Yikes!  Digging out the car seat, swing, breast pump, bottles, washing clothes... the list goes on and on.  I would say I am definitely nesting! 

What's Different This Time:  I honestly find girls clothes very overwhelming. Everyone says girls are so much fun because they have better clothes. Maybe it is just the fact that I am not a girly girl and never have been. I don't accessorize my outfits even now. Going through baby clothes and looking at outfits is just exhausting. Leggings and bloomers and headbands and on and on. Grant was lucky if he had shoes that remotely matched an outfit he was wearing. Nice and simple. Jeans or khakis and a shirt to match for boys. Girls... not even close.  Unfortunately, our daughter probably won't be winning any best dressed awards anytime soon much like her mother. 
 
Next Appointment:
February 28th - 33 week appointment (my rescheduled 32 week appointment)

No comments:

Post a Comment