Thursday, February 14, 2013

31 Weeks

Different tank top this week... as you can see my belly doesn't have nearly enough room in this one!
How Far Along: 31 Weeks... my mom will be here in less than two months.  Hopefully baby waits until she gets here but we'll see!

Baby's Size:  Pineapple Average size: 15.2-16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lbs (Another source says baby weighs more than 3 lbs and is approximately 18 inches head to toe.)
All five of baby's senses are working.

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  1.4 lbs this week (seems to be the common theme the last 3 weeks) bringing me to 18.0 lbs total
Doctor’s scale: 18 lbs at our 28 week appointment on January 24th
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  25.2 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Yes and I am finding some of my looser fitting shirts are fitting much better.  Instead of looking fat and frumpy, I look pregnant.  They also don't make me look like I am much more pregnant than I really am.   

Baby's Movement:  She still moves non stop.  I am beginning to feel much stronger movements and I am still trying to not obsess over her position too much.  There are times when I am sure she is head down and others when I am convinced she is head up.  It will definitely be on my list of questions at my next appointment.  Regardless, she is all up in my ribs when I am sitting!     

Food Cravings:  Fish, salads, brownies (we had a box in the pantry just begging to be made!), oranges, cheese... basically starving this week!

Food Aversions:  Festival Foods brand cheddar brats.  Matt grilled some Sunday and I couldn't touch them.  Had they been Johnsonville I don't think I would have had any problems.  Weird, I know.

Sleep:  Like a rock... actually I would say better than ever.  I have even slept completely through the night several nights this week with no waking for position changes or a potty break.  I LOVE it! 

Symptoms:  I have had some waves of nausea here and there.  I am not sure if it is her position or what.  I know some women report that the nausea/sickness they experience in their 1st trimester comes back in the 3rd.  I sure hope that isn't the case!  I have also been having more leg and foot cramps usually when I stretch or I am trying to work myself out of bed.  I woke up Sunday and couldn't get my rings on.  With in a couple of hours, I had no problem getting them on and then no problem getting them off at the end of the day.  It seems there has been a lull in Braxton hicks and I haven't noticed hiccups as frequently but maybe that is because she is moving so much.  With a lull of those comes and increase in urination!  It seems like I am peeing all day everyday. 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Date night with my hubby. 

What I Miss:  Being able to hold Grant without a growing belly in the way.  It's just a lot more work!   

What I Am Looking Forward To:  I would say before the weekend is over we should have everything in her room and done. 

Feeling confident in a name choice... We decided early on that we wanted to narrow our list down to about 2-3 and decide for sure after we meet her just like we did with Grant.  Well, just when we thought we had our name list narrowed down to 2 favorites and about 5 other maybes we both decided we didn't like one of our "favorites" anymore and aren't willing to commit 100% to the other favorite.  We will see if any of the 5 or so back ups move up to the favorite list.

What's Different This Time:  I have been a bit more religious about an exercise routine this time around (not that the scale has reflected that lately!).  With Grant, I worked out/exercised probably 2-4 days a week to a cheesy pregnancy DVD.  This time around I have taken to walking in our large basement at work (1/2 mile twice per day) on my breaks as well as doing some stretches and other exercises.  I have also taken a Dancing for Birth class taught by our doula which incorporates some various hip circles and yoga poses.  I have incorporated some of these moves into my daily routine as well.

Next Appointment:
February 21st - 32 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment