Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Glimpse of the Nursery

Well it was a productive weekend and the nursery is done for the most part!  We are still in need of some wall art/decor but otherwise we are good to go.

Going into nursery planning I knew I wanted either paisley or damask print bedding.  I came across the pink/teal color combo and my search for bedding began.  I love this bedding!  It was even very reasonably priced.



After a trip to the local hardware store and working with the awesome paint guy... Tom at Kitz and Pfeil he mixed us up some custom paint colors.  We wanted pale teal and very pale pink.  Something that wouldn't completely overwhelm the room.  It's hard to tell in this picture but the wall that the crib is on is obviously the teal but the other three walls are the pale pink color. 
  

Check out the tissue paper pom poms I made in the corner.

We are using our crib, changing table, and glider all used by Grant.  We even took half of the cubes that were orginally in Grant's room and not really being used, painted them and will use them in her room.


Overall, we are pleased with how it turned out.  We wanted fun and funky without being too girly.  Now we just need a beautiful little girl to put in here!

To top it all off this weekend I even added in a couple of sewing projects by making 2 baby blankets.  One side of each blanket is the purple minky fabrix and the other sides are the two fabrics in the picture.  Nesting?  I think so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment