Thursday, March 14, 2013

35 Weeks





How Far Along: 35 Weeks

Baby's Size:  Coconut Average size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 lbs (Another source says baby weighs about 5 1/2 lbs and is approximately 20 inches head to toe.)
Hearing is fully developed.

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale: 1.5 lbs this week bringing me to 26.1 lbs total
Doctor’s scale: 27 lbs at our 34 week appointment on March 7th
Weight gained with Grant at this point: 33.8 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Yes and I even had to do a little shopping for something for Easter.  I opted for a stretchy non-maternity dress that will still fit and hopefully look nice after baby so I can get some more use out of it. 

Baby's Movement:  Yes... And she is strong!  At times it surprises me how strong the pokes and jabs are.  I have also noticed that she is getting so much bigger now that when she has the hiccups it really gives a good jolt :)   

Food Cravings:  Biscuits and sausage gravy

Food Aversions:  None I can think of

Sleep:  A little more restlessly and still waking right around the 4:00 mark for no reason.  The last two nights have been miserable.  I have been tossing and turning and just can't get comfortable and then on top of it Grant has been sick with a cough/cold so that keeps me up as well.     

Symptoms:  I have been very tired this week... like I hit a wall.  I have also been very thirsty.  It's getting a little snug getting my rings on in the mornings and some cankle action going on by the afternoons because of some swelling.  Nothing serious though.  I have also noticed I am beginning to take on a very slight waddle and feel some pressure between my legs which I never had with Grant because he was never in a good position to get low enough in my pelvis.  I will gladly take all these signs!  Oh and maybe a little TMI here but leaky boobs.  When I was sick over Christmas, my right breast leaked like a faucet for 2 days then stopped and nothing since but in the last couple of days I have noticed some leakiness starting again.     

I had a stranger this week say she would have guessed I was having a boy by how low I am carrying.  I definitely don't feel like I am carrying low based on the discomfort/burning sensation coming from my protesting ribs on a daily basis. 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  I have had 2 people ask me in the last week or so if I am "about 5 months along" to which I smile and kindly reply no... I only have about 6 weeks left to go.  A nice boost for the ego with all of this weight gain!

What I Miss:  Uninterrupted, restful sleep.  I know my body is just getting ready for baby and I have been extremely lucky up until this point so I should really not complain! 

What I Am Looking Forward To:  I've said it before and I will say it again... a name for this little girl!  People ask and I literally laugh.  We aren't even close to compromising on something and it is exhausting.  I am also on the lookout for some wall hangings for her room.  Those walls are rather bare right now. 

What's Different This Time:  No pregnancy induced carpal tunnel at night when I sleep.  When I was pregnant with Grant I would wake up at this point and my hands would be asleep or tingly.    

Next Appointment:
March 21st - 36 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment