Thursday, January 31, 2013

29 Weeks



How Far Along: 29 Weeks

Baby's Size:  Acorn Squash Average size: 15.2-16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lbs (Another source says baby weighs almost 3 lbs and is approximately 17 inches head to toe.)

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  1.4 lbs this week bringing me to 15.2 lbs total
Doctor’s scale:  18 lbs at our 28 week appointment on January 24th
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  24 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Yes... almost all the time now.  I will say my work polos do still fit though and did throughout my pregnancy with Grant so we will see if that continues with this one.  I did have to retire one pair of workout/pj pants.  The elastic was just getting too tight and uncomfortable on my waist/belly.     

Baby's Movement:  Having a lot of tickle-like smaller movements down low and big movements higher up.  Most of the movement is still isolated mainly to my middle and right side.   

Food Cravings:  I am just starving... all the time.  I have been trying to take it easy and only eat what I need and choose more nutritious options.  A must is at least one sweet treat a day though!

Food Aversions:  Mushrooms.  I love mushrooms... mainly fresh but I am not a fan lately. 

Sleep:  Sleep is my friend.  I could always use more but I have actually been feeling pretty good on the fatigue end of things... or lack there of!  I also had a couple nights with one potty break.   

Symptoms:  Braxton Hicks seem to have calmed down this week (even though I didn't take it easy like I was supposed to... naughty!)  I have had more energry.  Dry knees!?!  I know skin changes are common and I have noticed my face is more sensitive to my face lotion I have been using for years but my knees just can't seem to get enough lotion!  I have had a little less discomfort in my ribs this week as well so that is great.  Increased frequency in urination.  She has been using my bladder as a punching bag at times and I can tell a difference in the number of trips to the bathroom during the day.   

Best Moment(s) This Week:  We made major progress on organzation this week.  Click here to view some of our weekend projects.  Also, her bedroom is officially painted.  We'll see what kind of progress we can make on that! 

What I Miss:  A normal belly button.  Mine is so lopsided and weird.  Not protruding but not quite flush yet.  Not the most flattering picture below.  The scar on the left is my not so pretty appendectomy scar from when it ruptured 3 years ago.     


What I Am Looking Forward To:  My massage this weekend!  And working on the nursery. 

What's Different This Time:  This week with Grant I was very tired and having tons of discomfort in my rib area... with her not so much this week!  We'll see what next week brings! 

Next Appointment:
February 21st - 32 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment