Sunday, January 27, 2013

Nesting and Organization

 So I have been saying for weeks now on my weekly baby blog that I need to get started organizing and get ready for baby.  Maybe it was hitting less than 12 weeks to go or maybe I just can't suppress the nesting instinct anymore but we had a very busy weekend.

We started with the pantry.  It was a relatively easy fix but difficult to see from the picture.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a before picture.  Previously the shelves pictured were solid pieces and not u-shaped.  They are over 2 feet deep and you could never reach anything in the back and had to keep items pulled to the front... a major waste of space.  Not anymore!   As Matt said... we should have done that years ago. 


And on to the next, bigger project.  We have wanted to do something different with our toy room/office for awhile now.  With the coming addition, I felt the need for some major organization.  Thank you Pinterest!

This is the boring mess before...

After a coat of paint and the addition of our new shelves...

 

The final product
And after!  Complete with two individual desk areas for the kids, baskets for various supplies and toys (yes those are labels you see!), and overall organized. 

I have not forgotten about baby's room trust me.  We decided to have someone paint it for us and he will be here this week so we should be able to pull everything together quickly after that.  There will be pictures to come of that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment