Thursday, January 10, 2013

26 Weeks



How Far Along:   26 Weeks T-minus less than 100 days... depending on when she decides to come meet us of course!

Baby's Size:  Lettuce Average size: 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lbs (Another source says baby weighs more about 2 lbs and is 9 inches crown to rump.)
Eyes are starting to open...

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale: 2.9 lbs this week (yikes!) bringing me to 10.6 lbs total  (I have really fluctuated over the last couple of weeks!)
Doctor’s scale: 10 lbs at 24 week appointment on December 27th
Weight gained with Grant at this point: 18.4 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Still the same.. maternity pants and mixing in maternity shirts here and there.  I am also starting to think it might be time to switch to maternity/nursing bras... BOO! 

Baby's Movement:  Still a dancing machine.  It seems lately most of her movements have been down lower with the occasional high movement above my belly button and most localized to the right side.   

Food Cravings:  Fish... I try to limit myself to once/week but I love fish and seafood in general and could probably eat it several times a week.  Saltines... plain.  Weird, I know!  I keep a sleeve in my desk at work.  And cheddar cheese which can prove to be a bad thing with the common constipation problems in pregnancy :)   

Food Aversions:  Matt tried beef short ribs on the grill (a first), I tried a bite but couldn't do it.  It seems if it is grilled at home I don't want anything to do with it but grilled in a restaurant I can handle. 

Sleep:  I have been sleeping great!  I love sleep!  Most nights I am asleep on the couch by 8:30 and then drag myself upstairs by 10:00 or so.   

Symptoms:  Sore, itchy breasts (that is why I think it is time for those maternity bras... I need more room).  Fatigue and there are certain positions that are beginning to become a little uncomfortable.  If I sit for too long or hunch over I get that discomfort/burning sensation below my ribs.  Constipation... this has been ongoing and one of those not so glorious things that comes along with pregnancy.     

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Feeling better now that I have kicked the cold and able to enjoy all of baby's movements.  Everytime I start to complain or think about how ready I am to meet baby girl I remind myself to enjoy every last moment because I VERY likely WON'T be doing this again. 

What I Miss:  Bending over is beginning to get more difficult.  I find myself doing the squat and side swoop grabs instead of bending directly over.  I guess it was inevitably...

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Celebrating Grant's birthday tomorrow and this weekend!

What's Different This Time:  I forgot to mention that at my last appointment the doctor checked my iron again and I am still on the low end.  We aren't seeing any side effects other than it could be contributing to why I am still so exhausted.  I have been trying to be more diligent with my additional iron supplement (again not good for constipation issues!) and getting more iron in my diet. 

Next Appointment:
January 24th - 28 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment