Thursday, January 17, 2013

27 Weeks



How Far Along: 27 Weeks  (Bye bye 2nd trimester hello 3rd!)

Baby's Size:  Rutabaga Average size: 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lbs  (Another source says baby weighs just over 2 lbs and is approximately 15 inches head to toe.)
Nipples are sprouting and face is fully formed

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  2.4 lbs this week bringing me to 13.0 lbs total
I must be trying to make up some ground after being so sick in the first trimester and then having that cold not too long ago.  I have had two BIG weeks of weight gain in a row.  That can stop!  Slow and steady is how I would rather gain.  Maybe she has just undergone a growth spurt... that's what I will tell myself at least!     
Doctor’s scale: 10 lbs at 24 week appointment on December 27th
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  20.2 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  I made the bra switch (which I should have done awhile ago because I will admit I am much more comfortable with the added room).  Otherwise, not much has changed with clothes.   

Baby's Movement:  She's a jumping bean 

Food Cravings:  Um... anything and everything!  I have definitely had a hearty appetite lately which hasn't helped the weight situation. 

Food Aversions:  Nothing sticks out this week

Sleep:  Great, except I find that when I need to roll from one side to the other I wake to do so because it is becoming more of an ordeal.  I have also been a back sleeper for a long time and very often wake up on my back which I of course try to avoid at this point.  No nightly potty breaks as of the last couple weeks but I know they will be back. 

Symptoms:  I don't know if it has been because Grant turned two or stress but I have been very emotional this week.  I am also finding that if I am tired I am exceptionally crabby and moody.  I try to keep myself in check and keep my mouth shut but struggle.  I have also been nesting... but only at work so far.  I have big ideas for home for our office/toy room so we'll see how motivated I am with that.  We must get her room done before we take on that project!   

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Grant's 2nd birthday and party and spending the time with our family and friends. 

What I Miss:  Having a full weekend off.  I have always worked every other weekend on Sundays but to build up more time off for my leave I have picked up every Sunday for basically as long as I can work them.  I am hoping for 15 weeks off and how much vacation and comp time I have built up will determine how much extra I can take.  It is amazing the difference working 6 days a week versus 5 days makes especially when you are tired all the time as it is and going into your 3rd trimester of pregnancy.  I know the extra time off at home with the kids will be worth it though! 

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Snowboarding this weekend... I know, I know!  I will be VERY careful and take it very easy and take lots of breaks but I desperately want to go.  My snowboard pants still fit so that has to count for something right?!?  I won 4 lift tickets and a 2 night hotel stay to Granite Peak so we really couldn't pass it up.  Matt and I are even using it as a night away/mini babymoon. 

What's Different This Time:  I still think she is much more active than Grant ever was but I do have notes in his journal about him being active at this point as well.  Maybe you just forget...

Next Appointment:
January 24th - 28 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment