Friday, January 25, 2013

28 Weeks



How Far Along: 28 Weeks, 1 Day

Baby's Size:  Eggplant Average size: 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lbs (Another source says baby weighs 2.5 lbs and is approximately 16 inches head to toe.)
Immune system is preparing for the outside world...

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale: 0.8 lbs this week bringing me to 13.8 lbs total (A much better week compared to my 2.5-3 lb weeks the last couple!)      
Doctor’s scale: 18 lbs at our 28 week appointment yesterday so as you can see there is about a 4 lb difference between my scale and the docs.  I consistently weight myself once a week on the same day first thing in the morning.  Not really a big deal and I still like my numbers better :) 
Weight gained with Grant at this point: 20.8 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Of course... pants always and very often maternity shirts as well.   

Baby's Movement:  Boy does she ever!   

Food Cravings:  Burgers, burgers and more burgers!  Usually Culver's... healthy I know!  Oranges... I seriously eat one everyday and hey it helps with iron absorption which I need.  A bowl of cereal nearly every night before bed.  Spinach and pretty much anything that anyone talks about food-wise I immediately want some. 

Food Aversions:  None that I can think of...

Sleep:  Still sleeping great with no nightly potty breaks... 

Symptoms:  Discomfort under my ribs aka achey, burning sensation.  It doesn't matter the position... this little girl is riding high like her brother.  I have been trying to eat smaller meals which helps a little.  I have also been having alot of Braxton Hicks (as in over 30 yesterday in 6 hours and sometimes as many as 8 in an hour).  I discussed this with Dr. Dennis because it seems to be way more than I had with Grant and is still so early.  She ended up doing a quick internal check and had a hard time telling if I was dilated or not.  She said the outer part of my cervix felt like it was and she couldn't tell about the upper/inner portion.  She had to use an instrument to get a better look and she said everything appears normal and my cervix is still nice and long.  She advised that maybe I take it easy over the next week or so and see if I can get them to calm down a little.     

Best Moment(s) This Week:  A night away with my hubby and snowboarding.  Yes, I survived... did great and didn't fall a single time.

What I Miss:  Rolling over in bed without it being a big production.   

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Holy cow only 12 weeks!  Had a moment of panic this week.  We have some projects in the works and I want them done now!  It seems like we are running out of time.  We have made some progress on names and narrowed our list to about 5.   We'll see if we actually stick with any of those 5 though!   

What's Different This Time:  It's rather par for the course right now compared to Grant's belly journal.  Same rib discomfort and he was very active. I mentioned the Braxton Hicks earlier so hopefully I can keep those under control.  I don't need any bed rest!

Next Appointment:
February 21st - 32 week appointment
This is the last 4 week stretch then on to every two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment