Friday, January 4, 2013

25 Weeks

 
 

How Far Along: 25 Weeks, 1 Day

Baby's Size: Cauliflower  Average size: 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lbs  (Another source says baby weighs more than a 1.5 lbs and is 9 inches crown to rump.)
Baby knows which way is up and down now... Praying she chooses HEAD DOWN! 

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale: Down 0.9 lbs this week (maybe because of the cold and lack of appetite this last week...) bringing me to 7.7 lbs total      
Doctor’s scale:  10 lbs at 24 week appointment on December 27th
Weight gained with Grant at this point: 17.2 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  I am beginning to find my favorites again and gravitating towards certain pants and dabbling more and more in the maternity shirts.   

Baby's Movement:  I am beginning to wonder if she sleeps... ever!  There are some days that it feels like she is moving all day long!   

Food Cravings:  I still didn't have much of an appetite after being sick but there was one day when I wanted a burger from Culver's and I took care of that almost immediately!  I was also craving smoked herring and saltine crackers which I enjoyed this week as well.  It reminded me of floating down the river with a fishing pole in hand.  It was always a staple on the boat growing up.     

Food Aversions:  None to speak of this week...

Sleep:  More please!  It has been a rough week between me being sick and Grant being sick.  Sleep has been a precious commodity around our house and I want more!   

Symptoms:  Braxton Hicks have continued and increased in number.  Reflux has been down this week but maybe that is because I have been too busy coughing to notice.  My hip has also been feeling pretty good this week.. knock on wood.     

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Even though Grant and I were both sick it was so nice having the time off of work and getting to spend some quality one on one with him.   

What I Miss:  Not being exhausted.  I know it has been the ongoing complaint but it has been worse because of the cold and Grant being sick.  I had high hopes for being so productive in the 2nd trimester because I know I will be even more exhausted in the fast approaching 3rd.         

What I Am Looking Forward To:  The barely touched nursery is still nagging away at me... daily!  We have also made a little headway in the name department but the list is still way too long for my liking and we just can't seem to agree. 

What's Different This Time:  I have the sense of urgency to get things done but I definitely don't have the motivation.  I did sort through some of Grant's earlier clothes and pick out some for baby girl to wear in the beginning.  Now, I want to wash them and get them put away but... I need a complete nursery to do so. 

Next Appointment:
January 24th - 28 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment