Friday, December 28, 2012

24 Weeks


How Far Along: 24 Weeks, 1 Day

Baby's Size:  Canteloupe  Average size: 10.5-11.8 inches, 12.7 oz. (Another source says baby weighs more than a 1.5 lbs and is 8.5 inches crown to rump.)
Nipples are sprouting and face is fully formed

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  2.2 lbs this week bringing me to 8.6 lbs total
Doctor’s scale:  10 lbs total at 24 week appointment yesterday so it looks like the scales are beginning to align!
Weight gained with Grant at this point: 15.6 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Still the same... 

Baby's Movement:  I think she's s boxer or a gymnast... but we did have a scare this week on Wednesday.  With me being sick I think baby was a little under the weather as well and over 24 hours passed with me feeling no movement at all.  The doctor has us come in for some fetal heart rate monitoring and she responded like a champ.   

Food Cravings:  I didn't get to indulge nearly as much as I had anticipated for Christmas because I was sick, couldn't taste the food and just wasn't in the mood for much. Boo!  My awesome hubby did load up my Christmas stocking with blow pops though so I am set there! 

Food Aversions:  There was fried chicken at one of the Christmas gatherings we had and you couldn't pay me money to go near it.  I don't know what it is about poultry.

Sleep:  Between my cold and my hip killing me this week, sleep hasn't been the best.  I have been waking quite a bit but can usually go back to sleep rather quickly with a position shift.   

Symptoms:  Well with a cold on top of normal baby brain I am a walking space cadet!  It's even worse than normal.  I am surprised I have remembered to brush my teeth or put deodorant on some mornings.  

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Celebrating Christmas.  Although it was busy and I was sick we still had a great time and we are truly blessed.  And after 4 long weeks it was great to hear baby's heart beating at a galloping 155 bpm. 

What I Miss:  My immune system!  I rarely get sick... I mean never!  It seems with this pregnancy though I have caught every runny nose, cough, or sniffle that comes my way whether it is from Grant from daycare or elsewhere.   

What I Am Looking Forward To:  I keep saying it but I need to get organized asap!  I feel like time is slipping away entirely too fast!  The painting I wanted done this week hasn't even been started because I am so under the weather. 

What's Different This Time:  There seems to be a bit of fear mixed in with the excitement of meeting this little girl.  I can honestly say that I had no worries about Grant and having a baby in general the first time around.  I knew we would figure it out and just go with it.  This time around I am excited but then I think about what having another baby actually means and it scares me because I know it won't be a cake walk right away.  I also know that eventually we will get a routine down and figure it all out just like we did last time...

Next Appointment:
January 24th - 28 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment