Thursday, December 6, 2012

21 Weeks


I will have a comparison picture next week

How Far Along:  21 Weeks

Baby's Size:  Pomegranate  Average size: 10.5 inches, 12.7 oz.
Taste buds are starting to work...

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  0.8 lbs this week bringing me to 4.2 lbs total  (There is obviously still quite the discrepancy between our scale and the doctor's.  During my pregnancy with Grant, they were both spot on so I am not sure what is going on there.  I weigh myself once/week always first thing in the morning.  I guess we'll see if the two eventually coincide but for now I like our scale much better!) 
Doctor’s scale:  7 lbs at 20 week appointment on 11/29/2012
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  9.0 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Wearing mainly maternity pants now with the occasional regular pants with a belly band.  Still wearing maternity shirts only occasionally and usually opting for tighter fitting ones.

Baby's Movement:  Tons!  She has been moving like crazy in spurts everyday.  She will even respond to my nudges. 

Food Cravings:  I haven't had much of an appetite this week.  Don't get me wrong... I am still eating but not starving.  I have started thinking about what I want to bring to all of our Christmas stops and so far I am bringing a coffee cake and salmon dip so I am already jonesin' for those!       

Food Aversions:  Matt wanted KFC and I had to veto it or I said we'd have to make another stop for me to get something to eat.  The chicken may have gone down ok but I didn't want to risk it. 

Sleep:  It has a been a blissful, beautiful week of sleep.  Only one nightly potty break all week.  I am loving it!

Symptoms:  My feet have been killing me.  I have work shoes on my Christmas list so maybe that will help.  I also feel like I am hitting or have hit a belly growth spurt (look at that thing already)!  I have had lots of aches (most likely round ligament stretching). 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Our meeting with our Doula, Kamala.  It is so exciting to talk about all of our birth wishes and having Kamala to help ensure that everything goes as we have planned.  (I am still working on my special birth plan post.)   

What I Miss:  I already feel myself having to bend down differently whether it is to pick something up or help Grant with his shoes or something.  I know it is just the beginning! 

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Not necessarily choosing a name yet but at least having a couple that we agree on!  So far Matt and I are on pretty opposite ends of the spectrum.   

What's Different This Time:  I am still losing a lot of hair.  I have always been a shedder but it seemed with Grant by this point it had slowed way down.  Also, my back was killing me at night while sleeping with Grant but not with this little girl so far! 

Next Appointment:
December 27th - 24 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment