Thursday, November 29, 2012

20 Weeks


I would say I have finally made some real progress!  Yikes!
How Far Along:  20 Weeks  HALF WAY THERE!  OH MY!

Baby's Size:  Banana  Average size: 6.5 inches, 10.6 oz.

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  0.6 lbs this week bringing me to 3.4 lbs total... I thought it would be much worse after eating so much at Thanksgiving!    
Doctor’s scale:  7 lbs total at 20 week appointment on 11/29/2012 (today)  I would say there is a slight discrepancy between my scale and the doctor's! Yikes!  I weigh myself at home once a week, first thing in the morning.  Maybe our scale is just that bad but I prefer that number!
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  9.0 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  I am still bouncing back and forth between maternity and regular.  I have given up on regular pants and opted for the comfort of maternity but need a belly band to hold them up.  Shirts are still mainly non-maternity or tighter fitting maternity because I just look like like I am swimming in the baggy maternity shirts. 

Baby's Movement:  I am starting to think I am going to carry baby girl as high as I did Grant.  (I mean look at that picture!)  I have been feeling tons of movement but now I am feeling movement higher right around mybelly button area.

Food Cravings:  No specific cravings this week.  Thanksgiving took care of any food desires I had but I have noticed I am starting to get full faster.  I am also already looking forward to Christmas for more yummy food!

Food Aversions:  There really hasn't been much this week.  I have even found myself thinking about the fact that maybe I want a steak which involves grilling and has been a major aversion up to this point.  I would hate to waste a steak if it turns out I really couldn't handle it though. 

Sleep:  I am still sleeping really well and rarely waking up for a potty break.  I will enjoy these days (hopefully weeks) while I can before it kicks in again in the 3rd trimeseter.

Symptoms:  I would say my biggest complaint is reflux.  I have been working on smaller meals and snacks but even with that I notice the reflux kicking in. 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Spending Thanksgiving with my mom (and all of our other family as well!).  She came to Matt's mom's side's on Thanksgiving day and then we spent the Saturday after with her side of the fmaily.  Also hearing baby's heartbeat today.  It was thumping away at 146 bpm.  I am sad it will be 4 weeks before we go back.   

What I Miss:  Energy... I feel great during the day and it has been nothing like the first trimester but if I sit down after dinner to relax I am done for the night.  I mean literally asleep on the couch by 7:30, wake up at 9:30 or 10:00 to drag myself to bed, then I am out for the night. 

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Nursery paint is purchased and that is on the to-do list for the week between Christmas and New Year's when I have off.  (If I can wait that long!)

What's Different This Time:  My belly button!  Last time my belly button never popped or poked out.  It was just flush with my belly.  Well I definitely don't remember my belly button changing this early with Grant!  It is almost flat already but I don't think it will poke out this time either... maybe? 

Next Appointment:
December 27th - 24 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment