Thursday, November 8, 2012

17 Weeks

 

How Far Along:   17 Weeks

Baby's Size:    Onion  Average size: 5.1 inches, 5.9 oz.
Skeleton is hardening and fat is accumulating...

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  Down 1.2 lbs from original weight but up 1.8 lbs from last week
Doctor’s scale:  1 lb at 16 week appointment on 11/1/2012
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  5.4 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Still just rockin' the belly band here and there. 

Baby's Movement:  Flutters on a daily basis.

Food Cravings:  My craving for sweets is back... If you know me, you know I love my sweet treats.  I am sure Halloween and the availability hasn't helped! 

Food Aversions:  I still have no desire for soda really.  I was always a one a day kind of person when it came to soda but now I may have one per week. 

Sleep:   Like a baby!  I broke out the body pillow this week and nestle into my cocoon of pillows, listen to my relaxation music, practice my breathing, and I am out!  And I even slept through the night four nights in a row without having to wake up to go to the bathroom. 

Symptoms:  I went an entire week without throwing up!  YAY!  I am feeling great really.  My energy is back for the most part.  I am motivated and very much looking forward to scarfing down some Thanksgiving and Christmas foods. 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  The elections being over!  Not pregnancy related but all those dang commercials got on my flippin' nerves! 

What I Miss:  Matt working in Fond du Lac.  I had gotten spoiled for a couple months with him working in town.  He was around in the mornings and afternoons to help get ready for the day ahead or help get supper ready.  For a couple of days he had to work in Green Bay.  He was gone before we were awake and home an hour or more after we were.  I guess it is just keeping me on my game and ready for when I have 2 plus myself to get ready in the morning when he is working out of town. 

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Holy smokes!  It's only a week away... not only do we get a glimpse of this lil' fish we also hopefully get to find out what we are having! 

What's Different This Time:  With Grant at this point I was feeling great but I just wasn't that hungry (you wouldn't guess that by my weight gain with him!).  That is definitely not the case right now with this one... I have been snacking all day long everyday.   

The Great Gender Debate:  Matt and I both have our hunch as to what the gender of baby 2 is and coincidentally we are thinking along the same lines.  We had our hunch with Grant as well which turned out to be correct.  I will admit that with Grant we were both very much hoping for a boy.  Of course healthy is all that matters and we would be absolutely ok either way.  This time around I will say that a very large part of me would love to have a little girl.  If you know me well, you may find this surprising.  I have often been vocal about my concerns of having a girl (Matt is a little terrified as well but I think a little girl would have him wrapped around her little finger).  My biggest reservation about a girl has been and still continues to be that it seems boys are just easier on a number of levels.  Often times they don't have to deal with the drama and judgment that I think most girls have to face.  The pressures and ridicule and let's just face it... they grow up to be teenagers!  (Not to mention we have bins and bins and bins full of boys' clothes already.)  I remember what it was like as a teenager and sometimes it was utterly exhausting feeling like you had to keep up appearances and trying to steer clear of the drama.  And as a parent you want to protect your child from everything but that just is not reality regardless of gender.  Knowing this is very likely our last child there is that part of me that wants a little girl to do girly things with but most importantly teach how to hunt, fish, and play sports.  We will be absolutely happy either way and pray for a healthy baby.  God will bless us with what He sees fit and regardless we are blessed.  I guess we'll see in a week!

Next Appointment:
November 16th - One week, gender reveal!   Matt and I have our hunch which happens to be the same. How about you?  Don't forget to get your vote in!

November 29th - 20 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment