Thursday, November 1, 2012

16 weeks



How Far Along:  16 Weeks

Baby's Size:  Avocado  Average size: 4.6 inches, 3.5 oz.
Eyebrows, eyelashes, and hair are filling in...

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  Down 3 lbs (I lost the ground I had gained because of my cold this week I think) 
Doctor’s scale:  Up 1 lb (same as my appointment 5 weeks ago at 11 weeks)
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  4.4 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Still sticking with just the belly band but I have had to expand beyond wearing it with just my work pants.  I still have several pair of jeans I can fit into without it (aka fat pants)!  

Baby's Movement:  Still feeling nudges on a now daily basis and sometimes several times a day depending on whether I am sitting or laying down. 

Food Cravings:  Nothing in particular this week and I actually haven't had much of an appetite probably because of having a cold/cough.  Although, Blanck's last Friday was absolutely delicious and hit the spot!

Food Aversions:  When Matt and I were making our grocery list last weekend, he asked what was off limits.  I said no chicken, no beef, and no grilled stuff.  He laughed and said ok but what does that really leave us? 

Sleep:  We have been a bit under the weather with colds/coughs around our house the past week so my nice, restful nights have been interrupted with lots of coughing... from me.  Not to mention the nightly potty break.

Symptoms:  I am still feeling really good considering.  I think this cold has taken a lot out of me.  I also got sick two days in a row in the morning this week... Hoping it is just a fluke and after the cold clears up the nausea and vomitting goes with it. 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Hearing baby's heartbeat.  It felt like it had been ages (5 weeks since our last appointment).  Baby's heart was racing at 147 bpm.  Everything checked out normal at our appointment.

What I Miss:  Not falling asleep before 8 o'clock.  Seriously, if I sit down to relax on the couch I am sleeping.  Then I have to drag my lazy, tired butt off the couch and go to bed usually somewhere between 9:30 and 10.  Friday and Saturdays are seriously the only 2 days during the week that I am not asleep before 9 at the latest.  I guess I must need the sleep?!?      

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Seeing baby on the ultrasound! 

What's Different This Time:  With Grant at this point we had already started preliminary nursery painting, organizing, birthing class, and picked our doula.  To date, we have hired our doula again.  The urge to have everything done now doesn't seem to be as great.  I am a planner by nature and I konw we will have everything ready but I just don't feel the rush this time.  Kind of a been there done that kind of mentality.     

Next Appointment:
November 16th Gender Reveal! Don't forget to get your vote in!
November 29th - 20 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment