Thursday, November 15, 2012

18 weeks

 
That belly sure doesn't look like only 0.2 lbs! 

How Far Along: 18 Weeks

Baby's Size:    Sweet Potato  Average size: 5.6 inches, 6.7 oz.

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  Up 0.2 lbs from original weight... finally on the positive side of things
Doctor’s scale: 1 lb at 16 week appointment on 11/1/2012
Weight gained with Grant at this point: 5.0 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Still wearing mostly the belly band with pants but I have worn a couple pairs of actual maternity pants.  Otherwise, I am sticking with my fat pants.  I am still wearing my normal shirts but I did have someone comment at work the other day that I am starting to show more in my work polo. 

Baby's Movement:  Flutters on a daily basis.  I was actually able to feel baby's movement with my hand this week.  Now, we have to let Matt have his turn soon!   

Food Cravings:  Nothing specific this week... although not a day goes by that I don't want a glass of milk and I am usually not much of a milk drinker.  Oh, and I get Blanck's again on Saturday! Looking forward to that of course! 

Food Aversions:  Nothing specific this week. 

Sleep:   I have still been sleeping well and loving my cacoon of pillows.  Although my several nights of relief from a bathroom break did not happen this week.  I only had two nights off.   

Symptoms:  Man has my back been killing me already!  I never really had backaches with Grant just extreme discomfort after about week 30 in my upper abdomen area just below my ribs (likely because he was breech and I was carrying sooooo high).  With this one my middle back has been so achy.  If I sit I am ok but I don't have the luxury of sitting at work for long.  I am standing at a counter doing lab testing pretty much 80% of my day.  I have also had several weird or very vivid dreams.  In one dream I ate 6 cupcakes.  Luckily, the next day at work someone brought donuts and a cake so that worked out well!  Also, on two occasions this week I dreamt very vividly that we are having a boy.

Best Moment(s) This Week:  We had a productive organization weekend at home! 

What I Miss:  A good cup of coffee.. that doesn't make my stomach roll.  I have never been a huge coffee drinker but do enjoy a cup occasionally.  It still is not my first choice and I have been sticking with red raspberry leaf tea which is much better for me anyway I guess. 

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Seeing my mom this afternoon and spending the next 12 days with her and TOMORROW!  Sorry folks... you'll probably have to wait until Saturday night/Sunday for the reveal.  We are going out to dinner with family on Saturday and will hopefully be able to reveal the gender then.  After, I will make it blog and facebook official!

What's Different This Time:  I think I am more excited for our ultrasound this time.  Don't get me wrong... I was excited with Grant but also somewhat nervous.  I didn't know what to expect.  This time around I am very much looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the view.   

Next Appointment:
November 16th - Gender Reveal... That's tomorrow!  It's your last chance to vote.   

November 29th - 20 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment