Thursday, April 25, 2013

41 Weeks



How Far Along:  41 Weeks

Baby's Size:  Jack Fruit Average size: 18.9-20.9 inches, 6.2-9.2 lbs (Another source says baby weighs about 6-9 lbs and could be approximately 19-22 inches head to toe.)

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale: 1.8 lbs this week bringing me to 31.5 lbs total
Doctor’s scale: 33 lbs at our 41 week appointment today (1 lb this week)
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  Unknown, he was born and 2 weeks old.  Weight gain at 39 weeks was 42 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Is there really any other choice at this point? 

Baby's Movement:  It seems she has settled down a little.  She is still active but the movements aren't as big or sharp.

Food Cravings:  A tuna salad sub?!?  I wanted a sub the other day and saw tuna on the menu and had to have it.  It was delicious.  Apples and peanut butter, pineapple, ice cream. 

Food Aversions:  No real aversions but my appetite has diminished slightly.  I am not starving all of the time. 

Sleep:  Sleeping great and 1-2 potty breaks at night (with the exception of a restless night's sleep on Tuesday night)

Symptoms:  I haven't mentioned it lately but reflux is really ticking me off these days :)  Lost my mucous plug on Saturday at 40 weeks 2 days.  In the last 24 hours I have been having cramping and back pain associated with contractions but nothing unbearable or close enough together... Just more "real" than my previously very regular but not at all painful braxton hicks.  I am still wearing my wedding rings and there has been no sign of the swelling I experienced during week 37. 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Library date with Grant, pedicure with my mom, reflexology/massage appointment to help things move along hopefully... I'd say it's been a great week!

What I Miss:  Not being asked by every person I encounter why I am still pregnant.    

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Beside meeting this little girl who is making it clear we are on her schedule already?!? Nothing!  We are beyond excited. 

What's Different This Time:  Grant was now 2 weeks old!  

Appointment Update:  Today's appointment went great.  It was exactly the boost I needed.  Baby's heartbeat was 128 bpm again and belly was still measuring nicely.  I am a full 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced.  Dr. Dennis was very happy with the progress and said she has no doubt I will go into labor on my own.  She stirred things up a little by stripping my membranes as well.  We are going to do a biophysical profile (BPP) tomorrow just to check amniotic fluid levels, breathing, movement, and muscle tone.  I have no doubt she will pass with flying colors.  I am also happy that Dr. Dennis will be on call beginning Friday at 7 am through the weekend so it seems like a good weekend to have a baby to us and she agrees! 

Next Appointment:
April 26th - Biophysical Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment