Thursday, October 18, 2012

14 Weeks

 

Comparison picture coming next week...

How Far Along: 14 Weeks

Baby's Size:  Lemon  Average size: 3.4 inches, 1.5 oz.
Liver, kidneys, and spleen are continuing to develop...

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  Down 3.2 lbs (same as last week)
Doctor’s scale:  No measurement this week
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  2.2 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Nope, not yet...

Baby's Movement:  Yes!?!  I know it is early and early on sometimes it is hard to tell if it is really baby or just a gas bubble :) This has definitely been baby though!  A little earlier this time around... I didn't feel Grant until 16 weeks. 

Food Cravings:  We have our Blanck's trip planned for October 26th so I am looking forward to the yummy food.  Otherwise, I have been eating a lot of string cheese which seems to help settle my stomach.  I could also really go for some Zaxby's but of course that craving won't be fulfilled anytime soon :( 

Food Aversions:  Ground beef, chicken of any kind, and grilled stuff are a couple that stand out this week. 

Sleep:  Still sleeping really well.  Although, I am very ready for a break from the nightly bathroom trip.

Symptoms:  Just as I think I am feeling better I have a couple of bad days... as in I almost didn't make it to the bathroom at work and that would not have been pretty.   

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Feeling lil' nugget move!  It still doesn't seem real in many ways so being able to feel baby moves helps. 

What I Miss:  Proper dental care... Anything mouth/dental related has been rough.  I have switched to an electric toothbrush which seemed to help with Grant because you don't have the back and forth, in and out motion in your mouth.  However, I can't floss or use mouth wash without gagging/throwing up (and sometimes do with brushing... twice this week actually).  I have a dentist appointment on Tuesday so hopefully I can make it through that without any episodes. 

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Nesting and getting baby's room ready.  I had off of work on Friday and got caught up on some things around the house but not any of the organizational stuff I really want to get my hands on!

What's Different This Time:  Feeling baby earlier.  I also intend on visiting the chiropractor on a regular basis throughout this pregnancy (I don't visit one normally and it wasn't until I was pregnant with Grant and we found out he was breech I made my first visit).   As some of you may or may not know, Grant was frank breech and I had to have a c-section.  We tried everything to try to get him to turn including hypnosis, chiropractic adjustments, pelvic tilts, and an external cephalic version (ECV) which was painful to say the least.  I fully intend on having a natural (which I wanted with Grant as well), VBAC with this baby and essentially nothing is going to get in my way this time!  There will be another post on that to come soon but it is my hope that regular visits to the chiropractor among other things will make sure this baby is in the proper position come birth time. 

Next Appointment:
November 1st-16 week appointment
November 16th Gender Reveal! Don't forget to get your vote in!

No comments:

Post a Comment