Thursday, October 11, 2012

13 Weeks

 

Unfortunately I did not take a picture every week with Grant.  It is my goal to do so with this lil' fish and on the weeks I have a comparison I will post that. 

How Far Along:   13 Weeks (Good Bye 1st Trimester, hello blissful, happy, not nauseous and pukey 2nd trimester? Please!!!)

Baby's Size:   Peach  Average size: 2.9 inches, 0.81 oz.
Teeth and vocal cords are appearing...

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale: Down 3.2 lbs
Doctor’s scale: No measurement this week
Weight Gained with Grant at this point: 1.2 lbs

Maternity Clothes:   Nope, not yet...

Baby's Movement:   Still none

Food Cravings:  I took care of that pizza craving but it really didn't taste as good as I had envisioned.  Otherwise, nothing to really speak of this week as far as other cravings go but I have been starting to think about eating at Blanck's more and more.  I want to wait until I feel 100% though because I don't want to waste a good steak, french fried lobster, and cheesy hash browns. :)   

Food Aversions:  Still quite a bit but the thing that sticks out to me is sweets.  If you know me, you know I like my candy/sweets and several times when given the option this week I have passed up sweet treats. 

Sleep:  Like a baby but back to being up every night for the bathroom... just once and then I fall right back asleep.

Symptoms:  This week has been riddled with heartburn, headaches, and nausea usually reserved to the afternoons and evenings.  It also seems the fatigue has been back with a vengeance this week.  And don't forget the crazy dreams!    

Best Moment(s) This Week:  As a family we enjoyed a night away for a friend's wedding.  In some ways I feel like we need to cram as much in with our time left as a family of three because I know the dynamic will change greatly after April.   

What I Miss:  Hasn't changed... feeling like a normal, awake, healthy human being.   

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Feeling caught up around the house.  Matt has been wonderful with helping out but it is just not the same as some of the stuff I do versus the bare necessessities.  A housekeeper and a cook would be amazing right now :) The desire to nest and sort Grant's clothes and start moving furniture is there but the motivation and energy absolutely are not.   

What's Different This Time:  Still the biggest difference has been how I feel.  I am hoping my 2nd trimester is as blissful with this one as it was with Grant.  

Next Appointment:
November 1st-16 week appointment
November 16th Gender Reveal! Don't forget to get your vote in!

No comments:

Post a Comment