Friday, October 11, 2013

Craft with the Kids

I saw a great idea... on Pinterest of course for a painted picture using the kids' foot and handprints.  I modified the idea slightly and purchased a canvas from a local craft shop (which happened to be 50% off and only cost $4.99!).

 
 
I used some paint we had around the house and mixed black and white with a little silver to give me a shimmery gray color and painted the entire canvas (with some help from Grant).

 
I then used Grant's hand to make the "O"  and Amelia's feet to make the "V" and added in a current picture of them.  I also used a fine tip white Sharpie to add their ages below their prints.  I adhered the picture with Mod Podge glue to the canvas.      
 

The end result was this super cute keepsake complete with their hands and feet at the exact age and date the picture was taken.  This particular one was a gift to my mom for her birthday.  I have since made one for us as well! 

3 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME...thank you for sharing!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such a precious gift!!! I want to do this for my daughter, she just became a mom on January 24th and I wanted to do something very special for her (being her 1st mothers day) . . . .the dad is not in the picture, so I know he will not be doing anything to make her feel special or praising her for the wonderful job she is doing without his help!!! Thanks again and Happy Mothers Day to you as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this awesome and easy idea! I’m not very crafty but I think mine turned out pretty well. :)

    ReplyDelete