Friday, September 6, 2013

Projects: Refinishing Furniture


We recently purchased a nice, solid wood bedroom set off of craigslist complete with a full size bed (headboard, footboard and rails), tall 5 drawer dresser, short 6 drawer dresser with mirror and nightstand for a mere $425.  Although the finish and color of the wood wasn't terrible it needed a little work so I decided to paint it. 
 
Here are a couple before shots of some of the pieces and hardware. 
 

 

And here are the pictures of the final product!  I kept the original hardware and spray painted it with a brushed nickle finish.  Otherwise, I sanded the pieces, primed, and painted with 2 coats of oil based paint.  In between coats, I lightly sanded to get rid of any rough spots or tiny air bubbles but over all I am very pleased. 
 
The white pieces are in Amelia's room and in the future we will buy her a bed to match (or I will just paint another piece).  


And these grey pieces are all in Grant's room.  He had an existing night stand that I also painted to match the rest of his pieces. 




Sorry about the lighting in some of the pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment