Thursday, December 13, 2012

22 Weeks

Holy smokes!  You can definitely see where that 2.4 lbs went this week.
(Sorry Grant's picture is a little blurry)
How Far Along:  22 Weeks

Baby's Size:  Papaya  Average size: 10.5-11.8 inches, 12.7 oz.
Baby is on a sleep cylce of about 12-14 hours per day

Total Weight Gain:
Home scale:  2.4 lbs this week! Bringing me to 6.6 lbs total      
Doctor’s scale:  7 lbs at 20 week appointment on 11/29/2012
Weight gained with Grant at this point:  12.2 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  Same as last week... mainly pants and some shirts mixed in here and there.   

Baby's Movement:  She's a mover and a shaker.  I honestly don't remember Grant being this active!  This week also marks the first for feeling hiccups and braxton hicks starting. 

Food Cravings:  Chinese.  We tried a new recipe this week of homeade sesame seed chicken which was terrible so now I want the good stuff.  Blow pops.  This week I bought a box of mini blow pop bites and two "Super Blow Pop" suckers.  I honestly haven't even been eating much more than I use to.  I blame the scale this week on the fact that I did gorge myself at our work potluck on Wednesday and then stepped on the scale Thursday morning... And I'm sticking to it! 

Food Aversions:  Nothing really notable this week.  There has been nothings that has made my stomach turn. 

Sleep:  Amazingly well!  I am so spoiled but enjoying it while it lasts.  I LOVE every minute of sleep that I can get.    

Symptoms:  Still dealing with reflux here and there, Braxton hicks, baby hiccups, leg cramps!  They haven't woken me up yet but I find if I moved too quickly in the mornings they will hit me. 

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Feeling baby girl's hiccups.  It is yet another reassuring feeling that everything is going right and on track.  Just brings us another milestone closer to meeting this little girl. 

What I Miss:  Taking a bath.  It seems with having Grant I don't have as much time because I would rather spend that time playing with Grant and by the time he goes to bed I am pooped and just want to shower get in and get out.

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Tackling the paint in her room between Christmas and New Year's.  We have been moving furniture and making room but right now her room is our Christmas wrapping room.  I also want to sort through some of Grant's clothes.  I will be the first to admit that this little girl is going to pretty much be living in sleepers and onesies the first couple of months and until rummage sale season starts around May most of her clothes will likely be blue or gender neutral (aka hand me downs from Grant).  I refuse to buy new, full price clothes.  I did get a really good deal and was able to purchase 7 outfits for under $20 new so I can settle for that but I will not being going clothing crazy before she gets here.     

What's Different This Time:  Practice contractions aka Braxton hicks didn't start with Grant until week 25.  I also didn't feel him hiccup or realize what was going on until week 25. 

Next Appointment:
December 27th - 24 week appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment